Preparing for Exams
“Some succeed because they are destined to.
But most succeed because they are determined to.” (anon)
Study sessions don’t just happen. They need to be organised!
- Make yourself a study timetable.
- Keep in mind other commitments such as casual employment etc.
- During the holidays, get up at the same time as you would if it was a normal school day.
- Once your study timetable is established you can start summarising your notes.
- Having summaries of the days notes for each subject is vital.
- Build up an organised sequence of summaries for each subject.
- Have a revision/summary folder for each subject.
- Continually revise and condense your notes
The following is a link to VCE study designs, past exams and examinatiion reports
VCAA link to past exams
Study Timetable EXAMPLE
Youtubes: how to prepare for exams
Advice from VCE students
Study Skills: 3 Step Plan for Constructing Effective Study Notes
Study Skills: How to Make Your Study Notes Short & Succinct
What Course Should I Study at University?
How to Get a Headstart for Year 12: Study Plan for the Summer Holidays
How to Get a Headstart for Year 12
Study Skills: How Your Memory Works
Study Skills: How To Maintain Study/Life Balance
Study Tips: How to Optimize Your Study Environment